Discover Porretto Beach
Porretto Beach is on the East end of Galveston Island and offers a little of everything. It is a privately owned beach and in close proximity to everything Galveston has to offer. There is plenty of parking on the sand and very close to where you will lay your towel, but it’s blocked off from the actual beach so you can feel safe with your kids playing in the sand.
All day parking passes are available and you can leave and return as many times as you want that same day until 8pm. With restaurants and shops nearby, it’s convenient to be able to leave and get whatever you forgot or ran out of, and not have to pay again when you return. They do offer season park passes as well, a great deal if you will be back more than once during the season. Parking is free for residents with a valid Driver License or ID.
Porretto Beach welcomes you and your furry family member. There’s no need to leave your four-legged friend behind when you come to the beach. They want to play on the beach too, and here they can. Please remember keep your pet on a leash at all times and respect those around you. Make sure you properly dispose of your pet’s waste to keep the beach clean and enjoyable for everyone.
Porretto Beach hosts several events throughout the year including:
– Sandcastle building contests
– Beach volleyball tournaments
– Live music and entertainment
– Free Parking for locals
– Parking is for All Day and you can come and go until 8pm
– Restrooms on-site in season
– They can deliver your belongings to your rental beach chair via 4wheeler
– Food and drinks available and delivered to your rental beach chair
– Alcohol is available for purchase
– Open 7 days a week from 8am to 8pm in season
Hours of operation
Glass of any kind is Prohibited
Lifeguard on Duty Seasonally
Parking closes at 8pm
Public restrooms are available seasonally